Friday, September 25, 2009

Finally

Well, I figured since I'm going to be a mommy now I have to have one of these. It just seems like the thing to do. Plus, we can't check Facebook at work but we can look at blogs. Who knew? Please excuse my posts and background for a while since I'm new to this.
I'll try to keep everyone updated on our family and our pregnancy.

Let me start at the beginning. My husband, Matt, and I have been married for 4 years now. We dated for 5 years before that so we've been together for a while. I graduated from Auburn University in 2003 with a BS in Interior Design and a Business Minor- which has done nothing for me. After getting married, he graduated in August 2006 with a BS in Civil Engineering and now works as a geotechnical engineer at Gallet and Associates aka Teracon. I tried for a long time to fulfill my dreams of working in the architectural world, but finally gave up after many...many tears shed. We got our first baby, a maltese/shih tzu mix named Beasley, in the Fall of 2005 and love him way too much. Just last night I was looking at him thinking, " this is crazy. I cannot love a dog this much". But I do.

We have a wonderful marriage and I'm so blessed that God has given me a great husband, an awesome family and extended family, and wonderful friends. We found out on August 7 that we are expecting our first baby in April of next year! We had been trying for a little over a month and were kinda shocked that it happened that fast. Those of you who know our family history will understand that. We can't wait to find out what we're having and start getting ready for everything. I'm already becoming a COW and eating everything that isn't nailed to the floor! But I had NO SICKNESS at all, so I'll be happy with my fat.

We are also Christians and have been most of our lives. God has blessed us in unimaginable ways and has done awesome things with us over the past few months. My new phrase in January became "I'm glad that God loves me enough to make me miserable!". He made me miserable with being lukewarm and afraid of everything. It wasn't fun, but He brought me through. We love our church and our church family. We spend a lot of time there and enjoy being a part of such an awesome ministry and loving family. We also love working with our youth and singing in the choir.

Wow. This was a lot of stuff. They won't all be this long. Probably didn't need to write all of this since most of the people reading this already know us, but too bad. I'll keep everyone updated on the baby. We'll be heading to one of our favorite places- Auburn- tomorrow for another game. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Christi

1 comment:

  1. Awe...yay! Love it!
    Go to my blog & look in the top left hand corner...click on cutest blog & it will take you to the site with the cute backgrounds. It hasa code you copy & then you add a java script on your blog & paste it there. Call me if you have any trouble! I look forward to reading about ya'll. Lets get together soon...after my baby is over the flu:)

    ReplyDelete