Friday, March 12, 2010

Updates

Tuesday was not a fun day. I was having some pains in my lower abdomen so I called the doctor just to make sure it was ok. She suggested I come in, but my doctor was off so I could just see another one. Matt and I went in, listened to the fetal monitor for 1-1/2 hours and then the doctor finally came in. He spent about 1-2 minutes with us and kind of acted like I was silly for coming in. I don't handle that very well. I've never been pregnant before, so I don't know what's normal and abnormal. I was not a happy camper when I left.

I called MY doctor the next day to see if she could see me sometime this week before she was off with her family for Spring Break. We went back Thursday. So much better! My belly is officially full term- 40 weeks- even though I'm only 35 weeks pregnant. My blood pressure is still ok. I'm sooooo swollen that my doctor feels sorry for me. :) We also decided that unless she comes early on her own, we're going to do a scheduled C-section. Anna is just too big to risk shoulder distosia and other complications. So, hopefully we'll find out in the next 2 weeks when she'll be here! I also had my first pelvic exam and there is no progress being made there. Anna is still head down but she's pretty high. I felt so much better when I left that appointment and so did Matt. Some doctors are just plain mean.

I've been writing thank you cards like a crazy woman! We are so blessed to have so many people who love us and want to help prepare us for Anna. It's kinda fun to go back over the list and see who got what and get to thank them. I wish there were more I could do, but this will have to be enough for now.

I've decided that I'm not going to try to sleep anymore. :) It told Matt it feels like someone beat the crap out of me when I wake up! I'm so swollen everywhere that it hurts to sit up, stand up, walk, turn over, sit down, etc. But hopefully she'll be here soon and I won't have all of this fluid and weight.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I can't wait to go back to the doctor next week for my latest update. We're getting close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment