Thursday, May 27, 2010

Current Happenings

There is so much going on with us right now. Since I'm able to be a stay-at-home mommy (woohoo!) I get to see all of these new things that Anna can do when they happen. She now weighs 10 lbs 11.5 ozs and is 23.5 inches long! She's 1.5 inches longer than her last dr. visit! She's starting to smile and laugh and really know who everyone is around here. She loves it when I 'steal' her kisses and she thinks everything Matt does is hilarious! She likes to play on her awesome play mat jungle.
At her 2 month check up we were told to put her on a formula diet. She's on Nutramegen since she has a milk protein allergy. Luckily, our formula fairy (Jamie Foster) is able to get all we need for FREE!!! She gets it from work and we could not ever thank her enough! Anna isn't too big, but she's already taking 36 ozs of formula per day which is too much. So we've started giving her 1 tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with her formula and spoon-feeding it to her. Over the next few weeks we'll add more rice and then mix it with a fruit or vege. Eventually it will take the place of one of her formula feedings. It's so sad that she's already eating from a spoon, but it's really cute! We videoed the first feeding. She's actually doing great and eating all that we offer her. Such a big girl!
She doesn't really enjoy tummy time which has lead to a bit of a flat head effect. I'm hoping I can undo this by giving her more tummy time and figuring out way to make her enjoy it more. She's such a sweet baby and I'm truly enjoying getting to spend so much time with her. I don't know how working moms do it all! I have so much respect for them. There's no way I could handle it! I'm really going to miss this baby when she starts getting bigger. But I'm sure I'll enjoy all the stages of her growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment